Monday, February 8, 2010

Shawn's Favorite Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef or steaks cubed
1 large can cream of mushroom soup *or*
1 can cream of mush soup and 1 can crm of chicken soup
1 c sour cream
1 can sliced mushrooms, or a cup of fresh ones
garlic salt
dried onions
Worchestershire Sauce

Cook the meat in a large pan, season with garlic salt and onions. Add the cream of mushroom soup, the sour cream, and the mushrooms. Season with the worchestershire sauce- let it cook for 5 minutes until slightly bubbly. Taste- see if you want to add more garlic salt, onions or worch. sauce. I don't measure with these- I just season until it tastes good to me.

Simmer for maybe 5 more minutes once you have it seasoned to your liking- cook for longer if you are using steak as it is tough unless you cook it long enough.

Serve over egg noodles.


Seriously- this is one of Shawn's favorites- he asks for it bi-monthly and somehow still isn't sick of it (although, sometimes I am...)

2 comments:

Zoey said...

I thought stroganoff had noodles in it. Does it? Maybe I'm jaded by the hamburger helper version...

Sounds yummy though I think I'll try it!

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.