Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Johnny Carino's Chicken Scallopini

I know I already have a Chicken Scallopini recipe, but this one is very different; we had this at a friends house and I LOVED it, so we love both and have both on here!

Ingredients:

Lemon butter:
1/2 lb butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine (I use white grape juice)
1/2 teaspoon garlic , minced

Chicken :
4 tablespoons butter , melted
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup roma tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup cooked bacon , chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
10 ounces spaghetti or any kind of noodles
8 ounces heavy whipping cream
Optional: Artichoke hearts (not the kind that are marinated- just the kind canned in water)

Directions:
Combine Lemon Butter ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at a medium speed until a smooth consistency in the batter is formed. Once combined, keep refrigerated until needed.
Put Spaghetti on to boil & prepare as you usually would.

While it is cooking cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces (the recipe I got this from calls for only cutting a large breast into 4 pieces, but I found myself having to cut the chicken on my plate then, so I like making it bite sized before hand…).
In a warm saute pan, combine melted butter & chicken breast pieces. Saute until chicken is browned & just about done.
Add tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, and spice mixture. Simmer until tomatoes begin to dissolve & chicken is done. Add heavy cream and allow to boil to the middle of pan (When my friend made this she thickened it with some cornstarch, which helped a lot because it is a pretty runny sauce…).
Remove from heat, add one cup lemon butter, and fold together to make sauce. Serve over spaghetti.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Jonny Carinos, so I'm gonna have to try this! Thanks. :)