Friday, March 13, 2009

The BEST Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls (supposedly it is the Cinnabun Recipie)

Roll dough:
1 pkg yeast
1 c warm milk
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c melted margerine
1 t salt
2 eggs
4 c flour

Make as bread dough; knead and place in an oiled bowl and let rise until double. Then roll out in a large rectagle shape (about 1/4 in thick and 21 in by 16 in)

Filling:
1/2 c melted margerine or butter
1 C brown sugar
2 1/2 T cinnamon

spread the melted margerine over the rolled out dough. Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the melted butter. (tip: leave the top 1/2 in bare so that it will stick to the dough when you roll it up.)

Roll it up and using string or floss or whatever you want to, cut into 1-2 inch thick rolls. Place in bake ware and let rise. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until light brown.

Icing (this is the best part):
1 stick softened butter or marg
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c cream cheese
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
Beat until fluffy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Christi! I'm excited. :)

Ruth said...

I finally got this right after a failed attempt. Gotta be careful about having milk that's too hot. I didn't like the frosting though. Maybe it's just me. But I love the rolls. Hmm. I think I'll go finish them up right now.